Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I have in my hand my own copy of "The Narrative of the Life of Mary Jemison" on microfiche and FTU says I can keep it! I've never owned a microfiche before. I'm kind of excited in a weird way. I also got the FSU copy, but they want it back.

I know nothing about microfiche except the pages on it are really tiny. I think the last time I dealt with anything like this, it was microfilm and you had to use the giant machine with the crank you turned to go to the next page! So I sat in my office at UCF yesterday between classes and had an e-chat with a librarian. She was wonderful and told me where to go and how much it would cost to print things out. She wasn't sure about creating a PDF so she gave me the name of Ven Basco, the coordinator of InfoSource/Research Consultation. He was very helpful. I think if it wasn't for the people at the UCF library, I'd still be floundering with my research project. Thanks library people!

:)

1 comment: